Javelin Logistics, Inc. ("Javelin") is a privacy conscious organization strongly committed to your right to privacy. This Privacy Statement defines the commitment of Javelin to protect the privacy of personal information that is collected or used in the course of conducting business on our Website. By submitting identifying data, a visitor to our Website is agreeing to Javelin’s use of such data as described in this privacy statement.
Javelin Use of Information
We use the information we gather on the Javelin Website to foster a positive user experience, deliver the services that we offer, and to create business development opportunities. If you choose to email us, we may use the contact information you provide to contact you regarding our services.Should you decide that you do not want to be contacted by Javelin, let us know and we will remove you from our contact list.
Disclosure of Your Information to Others
Javelin uses your information internally. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, except for one of the following reasons:
- If you are one of our “candidates” and engage with us to assist you in your job search, we may disclose your resume or contact information to appropriately selected recruiters or hiring managers. We do this solely on the behalf of and benefit for our candidates: Javelin does not accept referral fees of any kind. A candidate may request to not participate in this type of referral.
- If you are a client or candidate of Javelin, we may disclose personally identifiable information to our expert contractors whom we hire to perform functions on your behalf. These individuals may have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share it with any other third party.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process
- Protect the rights or property of Javelin
- Prevent a crime or protect national security
- Protect the personal safety of users or the public
We may disclose or transfer personally identifiable information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of Javelin’s business.
Javelin welcomes ideas and feedback from you about all aspects of our Website. We may store feedback that users send to us. Your feedback may be used to better administer and refine our content and services. We may also use the information and ideas you send to us to improve or promote the site; but we will not publish your name in association with any information you provide without first contacting you and gaining your permission.
Passive Information Collection
Javelin uses temporary "cookies" to help personalize and maximize your online experience. The cookie indicates whether or not a user is logged into the Javelin site, tracks user navigation trends, and provides customized user messages. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline all cookies if you prefer. Alternatively, you may be able to modify your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the Javelin Website.
Javelin uses log files to collect visitor information, referral information, browser information, pages visited, content viewed, files downloaded and time spent per page.
Javelin has implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information, including firewalls, secured servers and database security, from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Javelin services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Javelin may provide links to other Websites. While these links are carefully selected by a Javelin staff member, Websites can change quickly and can be subject to hacking and vandalism. Javelin is not responsible for the content, privacy, or security of the external sites to which we link.
Changes to Privacy Statement